Is it time that you had a Fitness ReFRESHer? You know, those of us who have laid our fitness goals by the wayside or our fitness program needs to be resuscitated. Have you said or thought, "I'm too busy", "I don't have the money, its not in my budget", "I'm good just the way I am", "I can eat anything I want and not gain weight", "Exercise is boring", "I don't like the taste of water", "It's all about moderation, so I can treat myself" or any thing along these lines? If that is you then you already know, you need a Fitness reFRESHer.
We say it all the time, " I want to be FIT for the Master's use" and "we need to be FIT for kingdom business". Many of us only think of it in its spiritual connotation and not in a natural, physical manifestation for our lives. In order to be spiritually effective, our temple/body has to be able to handle the physical demands placed upon it.
The fitness formula stays the same: exercise + healthy eating = a fit individual. This fitness formula does not change. You can not excuse it a way. It is not based on your body type, exercise level or busy schedule. Whether you want to lose weight, gain weight or just be an healthy individual, this formula is one size fits all that is individualized by how we approach it.
Our approach is what needs to be refreshed, made fresh again and brought back into good condition. How do we do that? ReFRESH! We must change how we view fitness. Exercise and eating healthy can not be an option. It is not the exception, it is the rule. It is what we do because we have been fearfully and wonderfully made. It is our part in not defiling our temples.
1. Change up your exercise routine
2. Take a new class, learn a new sport or train for a fitness event
3. If you are at a stand still in your fitness goals, add something different. (i.e. If you are a walker, add some hills or jog a little.)
4. If you do not enjoy exercise, do some research. There is something out there for you, keep trying new things until you find it
5. Keep an open mind. Exercise does not have to cost
6. Change your approach. Your local library, hospital or city facility may offer free classes
7. Join a walking club at the mall or park
8. Find an exercise program on tv
9. Put on your favorite music and dance or create your own fitness routine
ReFRESH! Eat healthy!
1. Save your health and money by cooking instead of eating out.
2. Find fruits and vegetables on sale. Cut coupons. Support your local farmers market.
3. Learn to read and understand food labels.
4. Your local library or hospital may hold free classes on healthy eating and cooking.
ReFRESH! Take advantage of learning opportunities, but always do your research so you can have proper understanding. Know why you are doing what you are doing. ReFRESH! Fitness it is a healthy lifestyle change.
Jump rope*. The only cost is the jump rope which can be found quite inexpensively at many stores. This exercise can be done at home, inside or outside. It can also be incorporated with any fitness routine (i.e. walking, jogging, push ups, sit-ups, etc.) *Consult your physician before beginning any exercise routine.
Kimberly Simmons, CFI, PT
It's Time To Live Longer, LLC
Health Contributor for Today's Kingdom Woman